Friday, October 22, 2010

"...and the lion shall eat straw like the ox" Isaiah 11:7

A lesson in Japanese:

Today during lunch all of a sudden one of the four year old boys started yelling frantically at me.  Of course I was concerned because I could not think of anything I had done to provoke him and nothing seemed to be wrong with him.  I pulled another teacher over and he started laughing.  It turns out that he was just pretending to be a lion.  Animal noises are completely different in Japanese and I had no clue that "Gaooo, Gaooo" is the same as "Rawr, Rawr".

Another one that's really different is the noise that a pig makes.  In English it's, "Oink, Oink" and in Japanese it's "Boo, Boo"! 

I was a little embarrassed at first but at the same time really relieved that I wasn't getting yelled at!

No comments:

Post a Comment