Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Behold, I am making all things new "

After 6 months of thinking, planning and praying about my trip, I am finally in Nagoya, Japan. It was a long uncomfortable flight, but it got me here! I had no problems with immigrations and customs and Chris another YASC missionary was there to meet me and take me to the Nagoya Youth Center.

What's the very first thing I did in Nagoya? We had a campfire with some of the campers at a 4 day camp that's going on in the Youth Center! What's the first food I ate in Japan? A S'MORE! Granted it was with Ritz crackers and not Graham Crackers, but it wasn't too bad. My family always has campfires almost every week throughout the summer in Groton, MA. So I was so excited to have this bit of familiarity on my first night!

The next day was spent all day with the campers doing activities and playing games and after the campers left we had a sushi party!

Here are some pictures of my cute little apartment:
























On the right is my tiny bathroom!
On the left is the picture of my door from the inside. The kitchen area is directly on the right and the bathroom on the left from where I was standing.






















On the left is my stocked fridge!
On the right is the view of my apartment from the door.















This is the view from my balcony window. You can see downtown Nagoya in the distance.





















On the left is the fan I made. That's my name at the bottom!
On the right is an awesome tree the campers made. My group did the part on the far left. It was the "Creative" side!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time! What a fantastic opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how wonderful! I'm so excited for you on your big adventure! I can't wait to read more updates! Also, check your FB messages...

    I love you very much!
    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little disappointed that you can't see your AWESOME Australian coasters in any of the pictures...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Carrie! There is one on my desk right now...I love them! Only two made it to Nagoya though. The rest are in Groton because I was running out of room as I was packing.

    ReplyDelete