Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God"

Happy Wednesday everyone! I have had a wonderful week of sightseeing, getting settled, and having meetings to learn what I'll be doing this year. It is summer break right now in Japan so my teaching work won't start for a couple more weeks. In the meantime I will be helping out at two camps, one is a Children's Peace Forum which will take place this week at the Nagoya Youth Center and the other is a Children's Summer English Program which will be next week at St. Luke's. After that I will be going on a study tour to Okinawa for 4 days to go sightseeing and to learn about the military history there. Then once I get back it will be September and my regular work will begin!


Since a picture is worth a thousand words....here is a photo montage of my week:

Dragons Giants Game at Nagoya Dome! 
Grocery Shopping is always a fun adventure.
Dragons beat the Giants 6-1!  What a great game.

Beetle trading is huge in Japan.

Obon Dancing at the Nagoya Castle.

Nagoya Castle.  Inside is a museum and observation deck.

Studying my Japanese alphabet.  Yes, I bought the duck flashcards!

Delicious homemade bread

Making bread dough!

Best strawberry snowcone I've ever had.

Memorial service for the 35 homeless men and women who died in Nagoya

Oh, Hi there.

Nagoya Dome where the Dragons play.
So Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment