Friday, April 1, 2011

Hong Kong!

I went to Hong Kong!



Bird Market!


Temple of the 10,000 Buddhas


Snoopy World!


Hong Kong from the Peak


Spencer and Me at Cheung Chau Island


There are beautiful flowers in Hong Kong

Spencer's new apartment


Look what I found in Hong Kong! 
 Last weekend I flew to Hong Kong to visit my friend and fellow YASC-er Spencer.  Spencer is doing an amazing job working with Filipino mmigrant workers in Hong Kong.  Specifically she provides legal advice and support to women who are domestic workers and who are encountering difficulties with their previous or current employers.  Here is her blog if you want to check it out! Spencer's Blog

 I was only in Hong Kong for a short while, but during that time we did so much!  We hit all the major Hong Kong sight-seeing spots, went shopping in the markets and ate huge amounts of seafood. Hong Kong is such a cool city and it was so great to see where Spencer lives and works.  I wish I had had more time to explore the city but hopefully one day I'll be able to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment